Re: Drive free, or, what's your car payments?

From: John Hower (jehower@comcast.net)
Date: Sat Feb 03 2007 - 18:54:25 EST

The guy has a good plan ... nothing new, but something a lot of
people never think about.

My wife and I have never bought a new car and it's not likely we ever
will. We've been dealing with the same used car dealer for 25 years
and he hasn't done me wrong yet. If I tell him I want, say, a
2000-2002 Dakota club cab, tell him which options I want and a few
color choices, he'll have it, or something real close, within a month
or so. If I tell him I want a mid-size sedan about 4 years old, he'll
have several (at least) for me to look at in a couple of weeks. And
he'll hand me the keys and let me or my wife drive it for a week to
see how we like it.

I hope he never retires!

John
'95 Dakota