RE: 2008 Dak preview

From: Pindell, Tim P (TPindell@otterbein.edu)
Date: Mon Feb 05 2007 - 11:02:06 EST

I've been wondering the same thing for a few years myself. If a diesel
were an upcoming option, I'd seriously consider trading in my current
'94 for one. If a diesel were a Dakota option when I bought the '94 a
few years ago, I'd already have one. I'd suspect that price is the
reason there isn't a diesel in the Dakota lineup. Perhaps the cost
doesn't fit into DC's light truck target market, or DC wants potential
diesel buyers to spend $10,000 more to get a Ram. I'm no marketing whiz,
but if DC can put a diesel into a Jeep Liberty (and celebrate the
virtues of its towing ability and fuel economy), it seems that the
Dakota would be a natural place to put the same engine.