RE: Dakota days numbered?

From: Mr. Plow (adam_is_mr_plow@hotmail.com)
Date: Mon Feb 19 2007 - 22:43:18 EST

I don't know if it will have a huge affect on the Dak specifically, but i
was speaking with my father about a week or two ago and we were talking
about the Big 3 and lots of other stuff...
But anyway, he mentioned that both Ford and GM will be getting almost
totally out of the minivan market. That means HUGE things to DC, obviously
on the Chrysler end of things. The people that buy Ford and/or GM minivans
will not likely go out and buy a Toyota, Nissan, or any other Japanese
produced minivan.
That leaves Chrysler sitting in position to expand their current portion of
the market in the minivan field. And in doing so, will be able to make more
money. That might be a saving grace in terms of keeping the company from
having to sell off vast assets in order to stay viable.
If they stay viable, there's a chance that they will actually keep producing
light trucks, and we'll be able to keep buying them.

I'm optimistically hopeful.
(I know, it's so against my nature...) lol

The Adam Blaster
Two words, figure it out.....

>From: Bob Tom <tigers@bserv.com>
>To: dakota-truck@dakota-truck.net
>Subject: DML: Dakota days numbered?
>Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2007 15:59:16 -0500
>

>What with D-C latest restructuring plans, all options are being considered
>regarding the Chrysler division, including selling it. Latest rumour is
>that
>GM is talking to D-C about buying :-( Also, the Warren(sp?) plant is
>apparently
>being cut back to one shift. Doesn't look too good for Dakotas or Rams!
>
>Sad, sad times in Moparland X;{
>
>Bob

Refi Now: Rates near 39yr lows! $430,000 Mortgage for $1,399/mo - Calculate
new payment
http://www.lowermybills.com/lre/index.jsp?sourceid=lmb-9632-17727&moid=7581