Sludge

From: Jamie Calder (jcalder3@cfl.rr.com)
Date: Fri Feb 23 2007 - 17:42:02 EST

While getting ready to replace my stock rockers with roller rockers I
noticed a lot of sludge. It was most apparent pooled in the stock rockers.
The strange thing is that it wasn't consistent. The rockers for cylinder 3
were full of sludge while right next to them the rockers for cylinder 5 were
clean as a whistle. Cylinder 7 intake rocker was sludgy but the exhaust
wasn't. The engine has only 30,000 and had regular oil changes. Almost
seems like the wasn't any flow through the push rods. I guess I can check
it while running with the cover off.
Anybody see anything like this before?

Thanks,
James