Rocker Adjustment

From: Jamie Calder (jcalder3@cfl.rr.com)
Date: Sat Feb 24 2007 - 19:54:52 EST

As I turned down the ploy lock to zero lash and then the additional half
turn, the half turn would always compress the lifter plunger since it is
pumped up. However on one rocker, I turned the ploy lock down to zero lash
the rod but the lifter must not have been pumped up because the additional
half turn was much harder then the others and it actually started to open
the valve.
Is this a bad lifter or will it be pumped up when the engine starts? If it
gets pumped up, will I have to readjust that rocker?

Thanks,
James