Re: Remote Starter

From: Terrible Tom (SilverEightynine@aol.com)
Date: Sun Feb 25 2007 - 18:56:39 EST

Jamie Calder wrote:
> "Jamie Calder" <jcalder3@cfl.rr.com> wrote:
>

> : How does one hook up a trigger type remote starter to a '93 Dakota (where
> do
> : the 2 alligator clips attach)?
>

> Jon Steiger wrote: I assume you're just looking to use the starter to spin the

Actron makes a remote starter trigger switch. About $20 bucks, avalible
at most auto parts stores. I picked mine up just before I left
AutoZone. It has two leads, one clips to the battery, or the battery
cable on the starter. The other clips to the solenoid terminal on the
starter and basically jumps the terminals to spin the starter motor.
The starter always has power to it. Its direct connected to the
battery. The solenoid just clicks it over like a big relay. The remote
switches do the same thing as jumping the terminals with a screw driver
(we've all done that once or twice in our lives, even if we won't admit
it hehe), but much safer :)

Get a freaking rose tattoo and deal with it...
three busted-ass daks, a gas hog, and a rollerskate
AIM & Yahoo: SilverEightynine