Re: Creeping crud, rear brakes.

From: Pindell, Tim P (TPindell@otterbein.edu)
Date: Mon Feb 26 2007 - 11:33:56 EST

Depends on what side you're working on. I have a complete set in both
SAE and metric. Some folks call them Ford Wrenches.

Seriously, it's these kinds of maintenance issues that make me wonder
why drum brakes are still in production. They must somehow be cheaper
to mass-produce, but that seems counter-intuitive considering all of
those moving parts.

I'll suggest some other tools, too. I don't use them very often, but
they are knuckle savers, and for me anyway, they work better than the
screwdrivers and vicegrips:
http://www.drivewerks.com/catalog/shopcart/TOOL/POR_TOOL_CAT142_pg1.htm
http://www.drivewerks.com/catalog/ShopCart/TOOL/POR_TOOL_CAT265_pg6.htm