Re: Daimler confims talks to dump Chrysler

From: Olznut@aol.com
Date: Thu Apr 05 2007 - 16:03:37 EDT

But of course, the magazines are gonna over-hype the crap outta it. Don't
get me started about the Tincan. I also have a problem with Nissan and Toyota
claiming over 10k lbs towing capacity with their 1/2 ton. As a former tow truck
 driver, I kinda know what happens when you put a lot of weight into a 1/2
ton. Uncle tried to put a pallet of lawn sod in the back of his F-150 Super
Crew. Guess who got the phone call to take the load after he couldn't get out of
the driveway?? Hint, rattlerattlerattlerattle. Last month we had a little
get together at a nearby restaurant, which just happened to be where the local
Toyota dealer was doing test drives. Several new Tundras came in, and one of
our guys started talking smack, to which the sales goof started with his best
this and that. I jumped in and told him I have 14" brakes, 610lb-ft of
torque stock (heh, but I aint stock), 13,400lb towing, and get 20 mpg on the
highway, and get 14 mpg towing my 6000lb trailer. DO YOU??????? Oh, wanna race
for pinks?? That one in particular wasn't loaded up and the sticker was $32k!!
WTF are they smoking???

Ed "Olznut" Halterman '06 Ram Quad Cab Patriot Blue 2500 Cummins diesel 14.9
at 98mph! '66 Olds 442, "Project Olds", Intense Blue, $4000 paint job will
be finished by next month!