Re: Re: DML Digest V5 #3003

From: Terrible Tom (SilverEightynine@aol.com)
Date: Thu Apr 12 2007 - 03:05:59 EDT

Ken & Janet Olson wrote:
> Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2007 10:10:21 -0400
> From: "Gabriel A. Couriel" <gcouriel@bellsouth.net>
> Subject: RE: DML: Spark plug heat shields
>
> try wrapping them in on themselves. that'll dislodge them from their perch
> inside, and just pull up. came off in 5 minutes for me, once i figured that
> out.
>
> Gabriel A. Couriel
>
> 2006 DML Fantasy Football Champion
>

> Is this is done with the plugs out? If so, how did you make sure that no
> debris got into the cylinders?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Ken

They are a little irritating to remove, but what Gab said works. A
small amount of WD40 can be used if you like. I yanked mine out of my
Ram on my last plug change. I got sick of them heh. using a pair of
locking vicegrips, lock on to one of the edges where they are split and
twist inward - as if you are twisting back the lid on a sardine can...
once you get them twisted enough it should pull out fairly easy. Leave
the plugs in because trying this with them out will result in crud
getting in the plug hole. use compressed air to blow the area clean
when you are done, prior to removing the plugs.

Get a freaking rose tattoo and deal with it...
three busted-ass daks, a gas hog, and a rollerskate
AIM & Yahoo: SilverEightynine