Re: Differential fluid changes

From: Michael Maskalans (dml@tepidcola.com)
Date: Mon Apr 16 2007 - 10:18:07 EDT

On Mon, 16 Apr 2007, Terrible Tom wrote:

> Michael Maskalans wrote:
>
>> And this is what happens when the double cardan u-joint goes bad (I'd
>> rather have a CV go bad)
>>
>> http://home.tepidcola.com/gallery/daktcase/IMG_1254
>
> heh - you sure seem to have had some of the more interesting parts failure
> carnage on the DML, Mike hehe

meh... A least I'm not a curse for the rest of the list =)

Anybody need a lightly used 44RE? I'm getting Chad's spare, I figure as
soon as I bolt it up the engine will blow, so I might as wel start tring
to recoup costs ASAP ;-)

Speaking of recouping costs, have a bunch of tires & wheels for sale.
pics of a lot of them are here <http://home.tepidcola.com/gallery/tmp>

6 on 4.5"
- 4 alloy 15x7s
- 4 American Racing 17s
- 1 15" gray steely

5 on 5.5
- 4 16" 3-spoke Ram alloys
- 4 15x10 Ultra alloys

5 on 4.5
- 4 black steelies 16s off a Crown Vic

5 on 4.75
- 4 silver steelies off S-10

8 on 6.5"
- 4 gray steelies off older F250
- 4 16.5" alloys

1 30x9.5r15 Yokohama Geolandar AT+II (brand dev, still has blue & nubs)

2 ~28" street tires for 16s, Goodyear GS/A I think (stock Grand Cherokee)

4 34" mud terrians for 16s. (285/75r16 SuperSwamper Truxs MT, ~75%)

4 ~33" Mastercraft A/Ts for 16s. (285/75r16 Mastercraft Courser A/T load
range D, ~55%)

> hey do you still have the old 8.25 rear end outta your Dak? I think i asked
> you this before but I don't remember what you told me.

Yup, 3.55s, limited slip. it's collecting rust along with my old D44 fromt
(Chromo shafts & CTMs, 4.10s, Aussie locker, may need calipers but has a
set for cores, needs outer stub & CTM rebuild kit) and matching D60 rear
(4.10s, open)

> I'd be willing to take that off your hands too if you like.

it's here....

--
   +-- Mike Maskalans ---------------- Rochester, NY ----------+
   | '98 Dakota CC, SAS on 40s  '84 RamCharger 4x4, plow truck |