Dakota Generations (was Transfer Case)

From: Terrible Tom (SilverEightynine@aol.com)
Date: Thu Apr 19 2007 - 20:55:09 EDT

> Dustin Williams wrote:
>
> I thought Gen I refered to everything from 1987-1996. Regardless of
> that mine is a 1994 as I stated in my original posting.

Well the general acceptance on the DML is:

87-90 = Gen I
91-96 = Gen II
97-04 = Gen III
05-07 + Gen IV...

With the redesign of Dakota for the 2008 model year - I suppose we could
  add a Gen V model...

Granted D.C *DOES* officially call the 87-96 Dakota the Gen I model...
you would technically be correct... But if you look at the link below,
even MSN Autos lists 87-90 as Gen I and 91-96 as Gen II models... I
think thats good enough justification for me.

http://autos.msn.com/research/vip/default.aspx?make=Dodge&model=Dakota#used

Get a freaking rose tattoo and deal with it...
three busted-ass daks, a gas hog, and a rollerskate
AIM & Yahoo: SilverEightynine