ARRRRRRRRGHH!

From: DAKSY (rsmith13@nycap.rr.com)
Date: Sun Apr 22 2007 - 14:16:41 EDT

Hey, DML!

Looks like Spring finally got to Upstate NY! So...I decided to spend come
quality time with the DAKSY...
Changed the oil & filter & while I was at NAPA I got a NAPA brass cap &
rotor. Grabbed some new Autolite 3924s at Wally World last week so I got
the tools out and F*#K!!!!!!
I managed to shear off the freekin passenger side screw that holds the
distributor cap on !!!!
Don't ask how...
Snapped it so far down that there's absolutely NO FREEKIN way to remove it
with vise grips...
WTF do I do NOW?!!??!
I don't think I can get a drill bit down in there unless I remove the TB...
What ever made engineers change their minds to switch from the old style
caps that had spring clips on both sides?
They were a piece of cake to change...
I can check the thread diameter & pitch to re-tap the threads - IF I CAN GET
THE REMAINING PIECE OUT!
Looks like the surface that "nests" the cap is Bakelite, so I'll probably
end up porkin that too...
Short of towing it to the local indy, any ideas from the DAKsperts?!??!
HELP!

Bob (DAKSY) Smith
DAKSY2K on AIM
2K SY Dakota Sport +