Re: RE: Re: RE: ARRRRRRRRGHH!

From: DAKSY (rsmith13@nycap.rr.com)
Date: Tue Apr 24 2007 - 07:20:45 EDT

Hey, Bernd...

<> CPS?? Crank Sensor, Cam Sensor, Coolant Temp Sensor? The bolt for the
 distributor is a 13mm, the Crank Sensor uses two 13mm (or 10mm depending on
 year) bolts, and the Oil Pressure Sensor can either be removed with pliers
 or a OPSU Socket (Oil Pressure Sending Unit Socket). What's this CPS
you're
 talking about?<>

Well, I tought you said the sensor to the left (Passenger Side) of the
distributor was the Crank Position Sensor (CPS).
Whatever it is, it sticks out of the engine about 3 inches, & while trying
to get a 1-1/16 socket on it to get it to turn, I snapped it off.
& I still can't get the remaining piece out.
Like I said in the previous post, the distributor is out. I tried
freezing..heating...drilling...the sheared screw refuses to budge. I give
up. I'll go get a new distributor.
I need to know what that other sensor is - so I can get a new one of those,
too.
You're DAK is a V6, so I assumed the sensor set up is the same, but I've
been wrong before...
I'll be here til about pAM (EST) if you get this...If not I'll see if I can
figger it out with the parts mgr...

Bob (DAKSY) Smith
DAKSY2K on AIM
2K SY Dakota Sport +