RE: RE: Beater economics

From: Josh Battles (josh.lists@omg-stfu.com)
Date: Wed Apr 25 2007 - 22:04:43 EDT

On Mon, April 23, 2007 8:42 am, Pindell, Tim P wrote:

> Sooo...tempting...must...resist...2.5...TBI...

It runs nice now, no misfires anymore. It's quite a bit peppier too.

> My therapist says the drugs only work if I make a clean break from the
> k-car addiction. Fortunately, the toy box has room for only 2 of my
> vehicles at this point so resistance is somewhat easier.

Gotcha. I'm going to be hanging onto it until I get the spirit in the next
couple of months. If you know of anyone interested, drop me a line. I'd
rather see the car go to someone who'll take care of it.

> Those Spirit
> R/Ts are quick and those transaxles are nearly indestructable. I really
> enjoy their "sleeper" look. It's rare to find one that's not completely
> thrashed and ready to part out. Post some pics sometime.

The sleeper look is actually why I decided to pick up the car instead of
doing the swap. Four doors are always a better sleeper than two doors. I'll
definately be posting pics, no worries. They'll be up on the TD sites as
soon as I get the thing home. I'll shoot you an email with some links.

> I know how it
> is with the car swap for a turbo. I had an engine and A520 rebuilt and
> ready to do a factory-style T1 transplant on that Daytona, but I wimped
> out when I found a sweet GLHT on e-bay. Now I have a bunch of spares.
> Meh. Spares = good.

I've got an 89 T2 harness for the car if you still have all that stuff. T2
swap is about the same deal, just with a little creative wiring.

--
- Josh
www.omg-stfu.com

This message has been brought to you by the American Kneejerk Coalition for Equality, Compassion, and the Restoration of Karmic Unity of Self And Other Silly Hippy Happy-Swell Gayness Bullshit, or AKCECRKUSAOSHHSGB for short.