May I post something about my Dodge Dakota pickup truck?

From: Steve Preston (steveophonic@yahoo.com)
Date: Tue May 01 2007 - 23:19:55 EDT

:)

Hey! I'm Steve. Long time member,not-so-recent poster!
(The guy that used to post about all kinds of erratic
performance problems with his 99 V6 Dak,until he got
fed up and traded it in for an `01 V8 Dak six years
ago,and his problems were/are basically solved?)

Well,I still have my V8 Dak (which I'm pleased with.)
But now,I've also got a V6 Dak. This is the company
work truck I drive. It doesn't belong to me,but I
drive it 50-100 miles a day,including to and from
work/home. My own Dak does not get driven that much.

Here's the thing: I'm back in the same boat I was in
before! It just doesn't run well,usually. Today it ran
so crappy,I just left it out of overdrive (and put
eighty miles on it.) I know it's not my truck,but I do
maintain it. Not having to drive to and from work in
my truck saves a lot of gas,so I don't mind. The truck
has 38,000 miles on it and it's a 2003 ext.cab 4x2
3.9L 42RE with 3.55s.

It feels just like my old 99 Dak when I drive it.
Feels like the spark is scattering intermittently,or
the fuel's cutting out a little,and missing under
load. Today it was hot and sunny,and it ran pretty
bad. The other thing it does,and always has,is that it
won't normally upshift from 3rd to OD unless I back
off the gas. I can kick it down to pass someone,and it
just stays there,sometimes until I reeeally let off
the throttle. Ordinarily you wouldn't think much about
it,and it's probably better than being in and out of
gear constantly going uphill (like mine was),but
hanging at 3,200 rpm is annoying with this motor. 3rd
gear seems steep. Okay,I'm tired and starting to
ramble!

1) Hesistation/missing
2) Usually won't upshift 4 to 3 on it's own.

These are my problems! Can anybody help?

P.S. They did fix the plug wiring issue,didn't they? I
mean,it's a 2003!

Thanks! Steve P.