Re: RE: 4.7L HO Parts

From: jon@dakota-truck.net
Date: Sun May 06 2007 - 21:34:11 EDT

"Bernd D. Ratsch" <bernd@dodgetrucks.org> wrote:

> If you can get the engine for that price...go for it. While the cam/intake
> swap works well, the compression ratio in the HO engine is about 1/2 point
> higher and the PCM program is much better than the normal 4.7L...you'll have
> the correct HP/TQ figures from the HO engine in that case. Only issue I see
> could be the driveline portion of the PCM programming in between the
> different makes (Jeep GC vs. Dakota). If you have problems, the Dakota PCM
> will run the HO engine without any problems.

   Isn't there also an issue with the VIN in the PCM being different
than what's in the dash or the body computer? Seems like I recall
that since 98 or 99 or so, if you wanted to swap computers you had to
have your vin flashed into it. Not sure if it would be possible to
flash a GC computer with a Dak VIN though?

--
                                          -Jon-