RE: Old 1989 Dak and axle vent hose

From: Rick Barnes (rascal@scrtc.com)
Date: Thu May 10 2007 - 09:14:48 EDT

That vent helps allow pressure out that builds up in the rear end from heat,
to keep from blowing seals at your wheels. Blocking this vent or having it
clog with debris would cause this pressure to build up and likely push the
differential fluid thru the axle and into your brakes. This vent is a good
thing.

If you have a wire, (if it is the really stiff kind), it likely goes to your
vent control on your dash so you can operate and regulate your heat.

Rascal