Re: towing

From: rll (charger69rt@cox.net)
Date: Sat May 12 2007 - 02:15:05 EDT

Subject: Re: DML: towing

al klabunde <braindrain4u@yahoo.com> wrote:

> > too much room for error.My first instinct was it
> > should be able to do it without a problem then u-haul
> > put a question in my mind.Lord knows I have enough
> > questions in there.Grady, please be more spesific as
> > to your address so I can tell my lawyer Grady said it
> > was ok. Thanks,Grady Al

OK then....We have a 92 Dak...318 auto over drive..8 3/4 with 3.23s

My son had transmission issues going back up the hill to school at flagstaff
from phoenix

70 challenger was the car

on the way out of town we tried to rent a dolly from u-haul...

"you are going to tow with that" ...they sniffed.....

Yeah...and we told them it was going to be a toyota celica.....

Not a big enough truck, they said...but you can rent one of our trucks and
a dolly.....

we told them to stuff it...actually i told him he was a stupid sob and
if he was quoting
company dogma , i would never deal with U-haul again..

He was, and I haven't....I will not buy a cardboard box from those sobs
even if it was the last
one in town.

So...we drove two vehicles north...gave one to my son to get him to
school, and then
 flat towed the challenger the 100 miles back to phoenix down I-17.

my wife driving the dak and me in the challenger.

We figured if the AZ highway patrol stopped us, once we got to verde
valley we could go the longer
non-freeway routes back to phoenix.

They didn't, and we went straight back to phoenix at the speed limit,
passing people while
climbing out of the verde valley.

The next fall...we are moving my son up to college for the next
year....his box van first shuts off (failed
coil) as it turned out....on the big climb north bound up I-17 near
stoneman lake road. It then blows
the top radiator hose...in explodes the hose....pieces everywhere...

At the time verde valley didn't even unroll the side walks on sunday.

SO...we flat towed the van to flagstaff with our dak. Again at the speed
limit without working up a sweat.

you have 40 miles to tow.... that's down the block boys and girls......

Why do it during rush hour?....traffic isn't heavy 24 hours a day...we
dragged a roadrunner home during
rush hour...only the parking brake working...and guess what...we flat
towed it.....idiots us....

but guess what...we knew what we were doing...

and please don't threaten to sue me for relating these events....use
half a brain please....

And you know what???....if i get a chance for a great vehicle that's 40
miles away....i may flat tow it again....

that's almost an in town deal ......

Sue me

rob and the ferrets in phoenix..as seen on other mailing lists..some
time ron and the ferrets...(typing skills)
1992 318 dak
1977 grumman tiger
1969 charger rt
1970 challenger rt