Re: Hello DML!

From: Jon Smith (DML@fast4x4.net)
Date: Sat May 19 2007 - 11:04:26 EDT

Man I tell you, it's like I'm coming back to family on here! The other
Jon S. talks about my toe, and you remember the beach driving! Makes a
guy feel warm! =)

It's funny you ask though, although the Dak hasn't seen much beach
action, we did take the CRD out to Oregon Inlet. It was Melissa's first
time driving on the beach, and boy did we get it STUCK! We're talking
no rain in 50 years kind of stuck! After 1.5hrs of digging, we had the
complete undercarriage free, had area front and rear clear and lowered
enough to keep from dragging. Turns out the diesel makes too much dang
torque at idle and it just sat there digging itself deeper :-( . First
time in my life I've had to be pulled out of a stick, took a Ramcharger
on 35's with a 15ft run to snatch us out. Oh, did I mention this was
11pm on a Saturday night, in the middle of Feb.??? Yeahhhhhhhh, she
won't ride on the beach with me anymore! =)