Re: My truck's back on the road and I'm out of here....

From: Phillip Batson (pbatson68@yahoo.com)
Date: Tue May 29 2007 - 21:21:39 EDT

Wow! Sounds cool! Have a great trip!!

----- Original Message ----
From: Dustin Williams <dustinewilliams@gmail.com>
To: dakota-truck@dakota-truck.net
Sent: Tuesday, May 29, 2007 5:04:40 PM
Subject: DML: My truck's back on the road and I'm out of here....

If you all recall I'm the one who blew up the transfer case in
Lincoln, NE about a month and a half ago. Well, it took me about 3 1/2
weeks to get the money and another 2 1/2 - 3 weeks to get the transfer
case (they discovered the first one was cracked when they were
packaging it) and a couple hours of work but I got it going again.
However there is still a problem. I've done some trouble shooting and
it seems to have minimized it....but as it is there is a rattling or
clanking sound intermittently when making a normal turn below 15 mph.
Above 15 mph it always goes away and when doing a hard turn it seems
to go away. And again, it's intermittent. I hope it's nothing serious,
but there isn't much I can do about it since I leave tomorrow for an
archaeological dig in Mabbada Planes, Jordan. Then in July I fly down
to Cancun, Mexico to do an evangelistic series. I'll finally get back
home and back to my Dakota August 1. I know it's going to be a rough
couple of months but somebody has to do it ;).

Blessings,
Dustin
94 Dak CC SLT 4x4 V8