RE: Expansion Block - Orifice Tube

From: Hop * (hopsdak@hotmail.com)
Date: Tue Jun 12 2007 - 14:22:38 EDT

In my '97 dak i installed one of those $25 ones. The only thing that has to
be removed is the freon. The tube is located behind the grill where the
high pressure hose ties into the condensor "i think it's the outlet from the
condensor. There should be one of those quick connect fittings. Loosen that
and pull it apart, The tube is down inside the condensor.
--Hop

>From: "Jamie Calder" <jcalder3@cfl.rr.com>
>To: <dakota-truck@dakota-truck.net>
>Subject: DML: Expansion Block - Orifice Tube
>Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2007 14:05:51 -0400
>

>For a '93 318 there are 2 options for an orifice tube. One is $3.88 and
>the
>other is an "automatic adjusting orifice tube for normal climates (105
>degrees)" for $24.94.
>
>What is an auto adjusting orifice tube?
>
>These can be replaced without replacing the entire expansion block? My
>friends '97 Caravan was a one piece block/tube.
>
>In what case would I need to replace the expansion block too?
>
>Thanks,
>James

Play games, earn tickets, get cool prizes. Play now–it's FREE!
http://club.live.com/home.aspx?icid=CLUB_hotmailtextlink1