Re: RE: RWAL-VSS

From: David Gersic (info@zaccaria-pinball.com)
Date: Mon Jun 18 2007 - 23:46:19 EDT

On Monday 18 June 2007 04:09 pm, Francis Fastje wrote:
> cleared the code.
> I drove about half a block the check engine lite came on when the RPM's
> got to like 3600
> & it did shift but it was not right .

Just checking, but you do know that "clearing" the trouble code doesn't fix
anything, right? It just tells the computer to forget that it noticed a
problem. If you haven't fixed the problem, it'll just notice it again.

> Will replacing the sensor cure
> this or should i just take it to the shop?

Well, you've already done the hard part: you found it. Now replace it and see
if it helps. Since that's the code you're getting, there's a pretty good
chance that it's bad. If not, you'll have eliminated a cheap and simple thing
to try, and can evaluate from there if you want to keep working on it or pay
somebody else to figure it out.