Need a Mopar SB builders help on this one....

From: Dan Kramarsky (dkramarsky68@yahoo.com)
Date: Sat Jun 23 2007 - 15:21:06 EDT

Hi all. I tried posting this question on a Mopar site. But, I wanted to also post the
question here for any Mopar small block motor builders that are on this list.

I have a crank I pulled from a 1974 Chrysler 313 LA short block. The crank has these
characteristics:

Casting Number: 3462387

Other markings:
"(x)CFD" casted on the 7-8 rod throw

where (x) is actually a "wagon wheel" looking symbol

"5 8" casted on the 1-2 rod throw

The 1-2 rod throw & 7-8 rod throw are drilled through.

Un-machined surfaces look shot-peened.

The parting line ( and flashing ) is thin. I would say like 0.100" at the most.

Rear mounting flange has 6 threaded holes, one notch and one non-threaded hole opposite
the notch.

Can someone help me identify it as being a 340 cast or a 318 cast crank. or whatever.

And plz let me know if its a suitable crank for a 250-300 HP street/strip motor build up
I'm planning.

thanks in advance.

Dan K.

Vehicle: 1992 Dakota Club Cab LE Color: Two-tone silver Engine: 5.2L EFI
Current Mods: Home-brew CAI, K&N Filter, 180* T-stat, relocated IAT, DynoMax Super Turbo Exhaust Kit, Autolite Platinum plugs, 8mm wires, Gates hoses and belts.
Photo: http://static.flickr.com/42/84856795_c18903d10f.jpg
Whats Next: Mopar Performance PCM, March pullies, 3.91 rear gear with LSD, electric fan, KYB shocks, re-paint body.