RE: Auto Tranny Shifting problems

From: Bernd D. Ratsch (bernd@dodgetrucks.org)
Date: Thu Jun 28 2007 - 16:15:45 EDT

The 45/545RFE's use a secondary filter that is know for having problems.
You need to look at the part number on it though - "AA" is the bad filter
that causes delayed gear engagement and "AB" is the good one (it's the
spin-on not the plate filter). Also, if the plate filter isn't seated
properly, you'll have similar issues as well.

- Bernd