RE: Chrinstine Develpments

From: Brian (hskr@san.rr.com)
Date: Sat Aug 04 2007 - 23:59:46 EDT

You cutting out issues at 3K RPM would cause the motor to cut out if the
SMEC thinks it's actually running at 6K RPMs. That's about the factory rev
limiter. My guess is it's a sensor reading problem between the 6 cyl SMEC
and the V-8 engine sensor. This will also affect the tranny as you suggested
and probably also affect idle speed. I'd suggest trying to find a SMEC from
a V-8 89 Ram or Dakota. Either that, or scrap the whole SMEC thing and
either go with a standalone fuel management system or throw on a carb and
get some manual gauges for the dash along with a hydraulically controlled
tranny.

brian cropp