RE: Re: RE: 318 upgrade options.

From: Ray Block (bpracing@worldnet.att.net)
Date: Tue Aug 07 2007 - 19:33:19 EDT

Sounds like you might be doing something wrong, Barry. Even with all my
mods, my 318 pulls down 20 mpg on highway trips...with 300-350 pounds of
race gear in the bed. (4000 lbs total) Before the head work and high
stall converter it always got 22. (same trip each year to race out of
state)

Personally, from experience, I'd call BS on the 24 mpg from a 408. :-)

Ray