Damn Ram

From: Terrible Tom (SilverEightynine@aol.com)
Date: Tue Aug 07 2007 - 23:00:38 EDT

ok...

Still having problems with the Ram.

It was suggested that I check the fuel pressure... for possible fuel
pump issues. So I went out with a tester - plugged into the port on the
rail - and it held at about 48 PSI - no fluctuations when I revved the
engine or kept the RPM above idle.

At idle - the pressure oscillated up and down between what looked like
47 and 49 PSI. and only at idle and it was moving very fast up and down.

I believe the pressure I observed is normal? The engine idled very
rough and stumbled - as its been doing... and the fuel pressure remained
constant. I was not able to drive with the gauge hooked up - to see if
it changed pressure when the engine misfires/backfires/dies like I have
been experiencing... because the tester gauge doesn't reach far enough
to be seen from the truck.

I really really did not want to take it into a garage to have this
looked at... but I think I have no other option at this point. With no
more leads to go on... I'm at a loss for ideas and I don't want to start
just throwing on new parts at random, hoping it will be fixed.

"Are you employed Mr. Lebowski?"
AIM & Yahoo: SilverEightynine