Re: 318 V8 engine weight

From: jon@dakota-truck.net
Date: Wed Aug 08 2007 - 13:29:05 EDT

Terrible Tom <SilverEightynine@aol.com> wrote:

> Anyone have the numbers on how much a 318 weighs?

  Hmmm, that's a really annoying thing to try to figure out, isn't it?
These specs don't appear to be published anywhere! Best I could do is
an old DML post where Ron Taylor said a shortblock (no heads or
intake) is about 350lbs to ship, and there is also the "Engine Weight
FYI" list which lists a Mopar 318 at 525lbs. Granted, the Mopar 318
they are talking about is the A/LA style, and I would expect the
aluminum intake of the Magnum version to make it a bit lighter, but
its probably close enough for comparison purposes.

--
                                          -Jon-