Re: Dakota on the Dragon

From: Ray Irons (rayirons@sbcglobal.net)
Date: Wed Aug 08 2007 - 14:49:36 EDT

Yep, that's the road. US Highway 129 in Deals Gap
North Carolina, pure moto nirvana. Over 300 curves in
11 miles. Right now, you want to stay away from the
Tennessee side of the place due to Storm Trooper style
law enforcement. It seems that the state of TN has
decided to just about shut down this stretch of road
recently. They are pulling people over just to
"inspect" your vehicle then let you go and have the
process repeated less then a mile down the road by
another trooper. Granted, there have been a rash of
accidents and a few fatalities recently, but they have
decided to go way overboard. I've heard reports about
folks being ticketed for going 3-5 MPH over the limit,
motorcyclists being ticketed for having their visor
open. Trooper told the rider he had to prove the
lenses were safety glasses. Seems to me its a shame
that a few people have to spoil one of the best roads
in the country for everyone else. I did happen to see
one pic on killboy that got me laughing. The LEO's
were ticketing drivers/riders for crossing the double
yellow line in a corner, then killboy got a pic of a
trooper's Crown Vic doing exactly the same thing.

Ray

http://bp0.blogger.com/_LxZ4Mi3rR3Q/RrBS8VtNI_I/AAAAAAAACk4/WHrSokjQLOg/s1600-h/img_6043.jpg