A/C problem (?) on '01 Dakota

From: David Gersic (info@zaccaria-pinball.com)
Date: Wed Aug 15 2007 - 21:02:10 EDT

It's August, and the temperatures are up, and so's the humidity. But this
isn't the usual A/C problem, where it doesn't work. The A/C works, blows nice
and cold, but all of the various vent settings include at least some airflow
to the windshield glass. That cools the glass enough to start condensation on
the outside, leading to having to run the wipers as well just to see where
I'm going.

Turning the knob this way and that, I can feel the airflow to the various
vents (floor / face / dashboard) changing, so it's not that I can't select
different outputs, it's just that all of them include the dashboard vent.

Is this supposed to be that way, or is this something I can fix?