Dancing tach...

From: Dan Kramarsky (dkramarsky68@yahoo.com)
Date: Thu Aug 16 2007 - 13:35:35 EDT

I have 1992 Dak with 4x2 and Automatic tranny

the tachometer needle seems to not move smoothly. it gets stuck for a split second
during accel and de-accel. the problem appears to be limited to a certain band of RPMs.
 to the best of my ability it appears like 1800 thru 2200 RPM is where it seems to jitter
a bit.

Is this a sensor problem? Or a harness problem?

-dan

Dan K.

Vehicle: 1992 Dakota Club Cab LE Color: Two-tone silver Engine: 5.2L EFI
Mods: Home-brew CAI, K&N Filters, 180* T-stat, relocated IAT, DynoMax Super Turbo Exhaust Kit, Hi-Flow Cat, Autolite Platinum plugs, 8mm wires, Gates hoses and belts.
Photo: http://static.flickr.com/42/84856795_c18903d10f.jpg
Whats Next: Mopar Performance PCM, March pullies, 3.91 rear gear with LSD, electric fan, KYB shocks, re-paint body, 2/4 drop kit.

that gives answers, not web links.