Re: Why cant there be a DakotaFest or Daktoberfest in the Midwest????

From: Terrible Tom (silvereightynine@aol.com)
Date: Fri Sep 07 2007 - 03:01:10 EDT

dodgedakotaquadcab@yahoo.com wrote:

> I own my own business,and dont have the luxury of
> taking off for New York state or somewhere out
> there...
>
> Wish someone would organize something in
> Wisconsin,Illinois or Iowa...
>
> Anyone feel the way i do????

Wellllllll..... it just so happens that I do have a few thoughts on the
matter...

I've yet to find some local places to go wheeling around here - or up
north. (I'm in the Point/Plover area) The summer camping season just
ended (state campgrounds closed labor day weekend) but there happens to
be one campground very close to my own property up near Minocqua...Next
year we could invade a local northwoods campground and do some stuff,
perhaps I could look for a place to go wheeling in the mean time where
we won't all get arrested for tresspassing or fined by the DNR. (me no
like DNR)

Other thought I had was we could do something at my place. Trouble is
I'm ill equipped to handle a DML style gathering. My detatched garage
that was supposed to be a scaled down version of Jon's barn (aka - a
place to hang out) is chock full of busted Daks and Dak parts and engine
blocks and other crap. I have a fire pit but the grounds have been
neglected and I have mounds of fresh red granite gravel all over the
place that I have not yet spread around LOL...

Geeze - I wonder what my neighbors would think, when half a dozen or
more dodges all show up at my place... heh...

Maybe we can try my place, in a year or so LOL

Again - I've been saying it for a long time - that I think we should
have a DML Minimeet at the Chicago Auto Show. Trouble is we never seem
to be able to coordinate schedules.

Just a few ideas...

50 seconds of pleasure, 50 years of regret...
Wookiee Love is pointless - Anarchy Steering Committee
AIM & Yahoo: SilverEightynine