Re: Need a rear axle

From: jon@dakota-truck.net
Date: Mon Sep 10 2007 - 20:56:40 EDT

Terrible Tom <silvereightynine@aol.com> wrote:
> Gary Hedlin wrote:
>> I got the 8.25 w/ 3.55's from my 98 you can have... I just need some
>> help getting it out! :)
>>

> hmm really? you scrapping the 98 Gary? I'm not sure what his time
> frame is - we havnt even checked to see exactly whats wrong with the
> axle - I just wanted to start lining up options in case it came to
> needing a whole axle.

> I'll hit ya offlist and we can talk

   Take careful measurements. :-) I seem to recall that when the
9.25" started coming out in the GenIII, discussion started regarding
swapping it into GenII trucks, but IIRC, it was determined that the
GenIII axle was too wide. I'm sure it could be narrowed, but it'd be
a lot easier to find a GenI/II axle to just slap in there, I should
think.

   I haven't checked the archives, but if you feel like searching
there, you should be able to find some posts on this topic.

--
                                          -Jon-