Brake judder

From: Barry Oliver (barrysuperhawk@insightbb.com)
Date: Mon Sep 10 2007 - 23:51:42 EDT

Background: A couple months ago, I swapped my toasty rotors and nearly
new looking 75,000 mile ceramic pads for new chinese rotors and the
cheapest pads I could find. I did this because I was about to haul an
enclosed trailer full of motorcycle gear through twisty Indiana roads
the following weekend and just did not have time to order anything nice.

Current: Recently I have noticed that in certain situations,
occasionally turning and sometimes backing up, I have this Judder that
comes from the front end. It's akin to sliding down a waterslide
without enough water and getting the indian burn on your ass. [don't
ask] It stops immediately if I even touch the brakes. The truck stops
acceptably for having generic brakes - at least comparable to stock.

Question: I intend to order Powerslots and probably Hawk Pads in the
near future [I may buy tires first], judging from my symptoms, is there
anything else I ought to have on hand when I tear into this? Any guess
as to what this might be?