RE: RE: Re: RE: RE: RE: RE: 2000 Dakota 2WD front brakes

From: Brian (hskr@san.rr.com)
Date: Tue Sep 11 2007 - 20:50:43 EDT

Just a quick search on www.dakota-durango.com forums. Found one post in
less than 5 minutes of brake line problems

"I had the same problem with my '01 on the right front. Changed calipers,
rotors and pads twice before I found out the rubber brake hose was closing
up inside and not letting the pressure release on the caliper. I used reman
calipers and replaced the brake hose and have had no more problems."

Just because you haven't seen it in 5 years of working at a dealer doesn't
mean it doesn't happen. Most people stop taking their vehicles to dealers
after the warranty expires. Rubber lines break down over time. A lot of
the problems are caused from people letting the brake line support the
weight of the caliper while changing pads/rotors and causing the brake line
to degrade.

brian cropp