RE: OT: Network / Server

From: Bernd D. Ratsch (bernd@dodgetrucks.org)
Date: Fri Sep 14 2007 - 15:31:47 EDT

I was going to say...there are PLENTY of backup solutions which can use the
NAS unit. As for security...you can easily use file lock utilities (cheap
route) or use the native file security function within XP (or Vista). If
someone is really going to steal his NAS from his home...a fireproof safe
isn't going to help one bit. Heck, people can steal data (and physical
drives) from large corporations. Unless he wants to also invest in cameras,
secureID locks, or other "security measures"...it's a HOME system.

The native utility will work just fine for what you want to do with the NAS
box.

- Bernd