Re: '95 dakota 5.2L 4x4 ball joint replacement

From: David Margrave (david.margrave@gmail.com)
Date: Mon Sep 17 2007 - 12:46:38 EDT

> While I tend to agree with you for the 4WD you will need alignment on a 2WD since those ball joints aren't thread in ones, I have the trashed tires to prove that..........

Thanks Jim, the more info the better as I start this project.
Suspension work is a pain.

Is it hard to get the spindle nut off? I ask because I seem to recall
you have to take the wheel off to get to the spindle nut, and on other
cars my technique has been to break the spindle nut free with an
enormous breaker bar and cheater bar, while the wheels are on the
ground, easier that way, I don't have to monkey around with pry bars
or wedge things into the brake rotor slots to keep the wheel from
moving when I crank on the spindle nut.