Dakota Not Starting

From: andrewmchorney@cox.net
Date: Tue Sep 18 2007 - 18:37:39 EDT

Hello

I have a 1995 Dodge Dakota with 169,000 miles on it. It recently failed
the smog test and now is in the shop now getting fixed to pass the smog
test. I had to take it to a smog test only station first. The shop ran
the test and it naturally failed on hydrocarbons. After they ran the
test, the truck will no longer start. The shop, which has been around
for 30 years, has stated that the problem is not in the battery,
starter or in the alternator. They have told me that something is
causing the coil to not spark. This truck has been very dependable and
has never failed to start except for when it needed a battery jump.
What could cause this to happen so suddenly? The vehicle was running
well when I took it in.

Thanks,
Andrew