Re: Was: MAP sensor; Now: Vacuum 101

From: Steve Preston (steveophonic@yahoo.com)
Date: Sat Sep 22 2007 - 20:13:40 EDT

Vacuum is a difference of potential,like voltage. When
you draw really heavily from a battery,current is
maximum,but voltage decreases some. At wide open
throttle,there's almost no restriction at the throttle
body so the flow is very high (low vacuum). Since a
clogged cat increases restriction,it's the opposite.

At least this is my take on it. (Ask Bernd.) :)

Thanks!

Steve P.