RE: RE: Re: Vacuum 101

From: Steve Preston (steveophonic@yahoo.com)
Date: Sun Sep 23 2007 - 22:32:15 EDT

Yeah. Technology. One of these days,we won't even have
to take a crap. It'll all be done online! I knew it
was all going to hell in a handbasket when they
decided to put diodes in alternators,and I led the
charge against it. The science just is NOT THERE! :)

Thanks!

Steve P.

--- "Bernd D. Ratsch" <bernd@dodgetrucks.org> wrote:

> Just think...for those with 2006+ models, the MAP
> reading isn't even an
> actual anymore...it's a mathematic calculation now.
> Initial MAP reading is
> taken from the Key ON/Engine Off position and then
> it's calculated
> thereafter. The PCM dbl-checks itself every now and
> then just to make sure
> that the calculated and actual are within a expected
> range. So for those
> trying to modify the MAP signal - good luck...ain't
> gonna happen anymore.
>
> God I love these new PCM's....everything is
> calculated, expected, actual,
> and variants thereof. (Like the engineers didn't
> have anything better to do
> except screw up the software even more.) ;)
>
> - Bernd

Got a little couch potato?