Re: RE: Generations of Daks

From: James Johnson (sixpackdak@execulink.com)
Date: Wed Sep 26 2007 - 18:17:23 EDT

I agree with this breakdown as well. I consider 91 to be Gen II for a
couple of reasons:
Re-designed front sheet metal to accommodate the V-8
6-bolt hubs (why the hell did they do this to us anyhow?) The 6-bolts hubs
are the easiest way for me to ID Gen I/Gen II in the scrapyard when I can't
easily see the front end of the truck, or if the front sheet metal is missing.

I have always felt that 1991 was sort of a transition year for the Dakota,
they had the body re-style completed, but the Magnum engines were not ready
to hit the street, hence the TBI engines for 1991. Or they had a surplus of
TBI engines they needed to use up. Who knows?

James