Was: Go on Daktoberrfest! Now: Paintball

From: WiLieR[SS] (waffle787@gmail.com)
Date: Sun Sep 30 2007 - 12:38:58 EDT

On 9/30/07, Terrible Tom <silvereightynine@aol.com> wrote:
> And I concluded that I can't afford the best paint that seems to be out
> there. Consistantly I read reviews that seemed to indicate certain
> brands (at certain higher prices) perform better than el-cheapo paint.
> After reading and reading - I settled on the conclusion that the best
> paint for the least amount of money is the Super Swirl (I think thats
> the stuff you have)
>
> I'll stick with walmart paint - I've invested enough in the marker - I
> can't afford expensive paint!

The secret isn't the price of the paint, but how well it fits your
marker. Marker barrels have varying inside diameters. You should
match your barrel id to the od of the paint. This will give you the
best paint size to start working with. From there you can try
different brands of that od to find what works best in your marker.
In my marker, a Spinder Xtra with a few tweaks and a Spyder VS3
tweaked a bit, RPS Marbilizer works great. It isn't el cheapo paint,
but it isn't the most expensive either. I can order a case of 2000
for about $55.

Look into white box paint. It is typically considered practice or
recreational paint. Usually it is made by a name brand company but it
didn't come out exactly as they wanted. The company may have wanted a
black/green swirl shell but it came out almost all green or almost all
black, so instead of trashing it they box it up in a white box and
sell it at a discounted price. It still meets the same quality
control checks as their more expensive paintballs, which is what they
were trying to produce, but it simply didn't come out the exact right
color they wanted or the fill came out the wrong color (the blend
wasn't right so instead of neon green they got english pea green). It
performs excellent and is what most paintball fields use as field
paint. Prices on it can go from $25/2000 case - $35/2000 case
depending on who is selling it and what shipping they charge. For the
cost of a single case of Marbilizer everyone at the bbq could have
paint (4000 practice paintballs) and the cost be split among everyone
to keep the overall costs very low.

Just a thought. ;)

WiLieR

ps. I have some pods at home that I've never used. Nothing wrong
with them. I got them as a present but they are bright neon
colors.....not something I want to run through the woods with. If
someone is interested I will gather more details about them and if
they are wanted I will send them to someone at no cost. aka the wife
is complaining and wants me to get rid of them. ;)