New Dodges (was "Dakotas")

From: Terrible Tom (silvereightynine@aol.com)
Date: Mon Oct 01 2007 - 00:17:47 EDT

GMBlows GMBlows wrote:

> I almost bought an '07 because I'm a die-hard, not because of their looks.
> But I couldn't get a V8 with a stick, so "No Deal".
> We'll see what happens this year.
>
> Pics of the '08 link below
> This is the opening sentence: "Now boasting 600 horsepower, with race-bred
> suspension, massive brakes and Michelin's sticky Pilot Sport PS2 tires" Read
> on!
>
> autos.msn.com//advice/article.aspx?contentid=4025041

Okay - perhaps its just because I've had some time to forget what the
new 08 Dakota looked like. Because I just was at Dodge.com and I looked
over the new Dak and damn- it seems to look better to me than it did
before. I've also noticed that it looks MUCH better in certain colors.

I actually started seeing a Dakota in the body again. I just can't
quite put my finder on it but the whole truck just doesnt look "right".
  I think its the deep dished sides. Thats always pissed me off since
they went to the Gen IV.

I think this new body has more right to be called a Dakota than the Gen
IV - the Gen IV's just really don't look good and never did.

Also - I saw stuff on Dodge.com that I liked. This new Journey
suv/wagon/whatever? All wheel drive options, 3.5L V6 - all the creature
comforts - all the storage and features of a mini van. Struck me as a
clear shot at Subaru Outbacks and other such all wheel drive miniwagons.

I REALLY Like that Journey. Not crazy about the name honestly but the
vehical I really like. Thats the first NEW dodge I've seen roll out
that I can say that about.

On that same note - the freshened up Magnum looks AWESOME. If I was in
the market for a wagon - it would be a hard choce between a Magnum and
the Journey. Magnum might win out better because of the HEMI option and
the name sounds better.

All in all I think Dodge is finally starting to get back on track with
its styling. The Ram is due for a makeover in 2009 - and I can't wait to
see what it looks like. I have a good feeling this time around.

50 seconds of pleasure, 50 years of regret...
Wookiee Love is pointless - Anarchy Steering Committee
AIM & Yahoo: SilverEightynine