Re: OT: Dual Hard Drives...again

From: rws (rwsam2002@yahoo.com)
Date: Mon Oct 01 2007 - 13:53:20 EDT

Vista now offers an XP alternative =
http://www.news.com/The-XP-alternative-for-Vista-PCs/2100-1016_3-6209481.html

Regarding syncing your favorite bookmarks on your desktop and laptop,
why limit it to just the two pc's?
I use del.icio.us extension (add-on) mozilla-firefox browser and can go
to any PC and find my links on the net, whether or not using firefox.

Ron

===========================
Re: OT: Dual Hard Drives...again
From: Dustin Williams (dustinewilliams@gmail.com)
Date: Sun Sep 30 2007 - 14:54:31 EDT

Vista has renamed "Documents and Settings" as "Users," anything that
would go in any of those, such as documents, music, videos, any other
data that you regularly change should probably be on your second
drive. Vista makes it is pretty easy to move that folder and it's
contents. For Firefox I got a fun little plug in that uploads my
bookmarks to some server somewhere and it syncs them between my
desktop and laptop, then when I reformat one of my computers after I
install the plug in and log in it downloads my bookmarks.

On 9/28/07, Jamie Calder <jcalder3@cfl.rr.com> wrote:

> What is considered "personal data"? Everything usually filed in "My
> Documents"? What about things like pst files, firefox profiles,
Quickbooks
> data and such. Sometimes these can be move and have the programs
point to
> the new path but sometimes programs will recreate them in the
original path
> and can't be moved. Should I just move what I can to the data drive?
>
> Thanks,
> James

Best if

http://sims.yahoo.com/