RE: RE: RE: Idle,now V6 issue again..

From: Steve Preston (steveophonic@yahoo.com)
Date: Thu Oct 04 2007 - 23:10:09 EDT

Bernd,is it more likely to be the governor pressure
sensor? The truck acts like something's confused when
it craps out. The solenoid,I would think,wouldn't tend
to cause rapid fluctuations,but a constant wrong
pressure from time to time. Do you normally see one
fail much more often than the other? If they always
fail together,I guess I can change them both.

BTW,the tps has always read smooth and linear on the
scan tool,and meter. No intermittent spots.

Thanks!

Steve P.
--- "Bernd D. Ratsch" <bernd@dodgetrucks.org> wrote:

> Ok...you just mentioned something that may very well
> be the problem.
>
> Transmission doesn't shift unless you let off the
> pedal - most common issue
> is the governor pressure solenoid and transducer.
> Only way to replace them
> is to drop the pan. Once your in there, might as
> well adjust the bands and
> change the filter as well. If the line pressure
> isn't correct (or has
> erratic readings), it can cause the truck to "lurch"
> or jerk back and forth
> under steady cruising speeds.
>
> In some cases, the TPS can cause similar issues but
> will not cause having to
> let off the pedal to shift (that's line pressure
> related).
>
> - Bernd

=== message truncated ===