Re: Overhead Consoles

From: Mike Sykes (mikesykes@cox.net)
Date: Sat Oct 13 2007 - 17:24:01 EDT

>>I am looking for an overhead factory console for my
2004 Dakota Quad Cab<<

Here's what I've learned about this swap:

now, bear in mind that 2004 trucks might be somewhat different since it was
the last model year for the gen III.

from what I've seen in boneyards and when I was writing service, if the
truck didn't come from the factory with the OH console, the wiring isn't
there nor are the sensors. The OH console with the trip computer relies on
several sensors that aren't there unless the OH console group was ordered
from the factory.
Now, if you just want the overhead console with the sweet compartments but
no incorrect fuel mileage or "give or take a few degrees" temperature, that
one should swap right in =)

** returns to lurk mode **

-miggity
00' R/T CC... a mod or two or 9 =)