Replacing upper O2 sensor, where does *this* part go?

From: David Gersic (info@zaccaria-pinball.com)
Date: Mon Oct 22 2007 - 01:12:33 EDT

2001 with 3.9L V6 4x4

I'm replacing the O2 sensors here. The lower one, no problem. The upper one,
though, I've got something I can't figure out.

The wiring harness connector (on the truck, not on the sensor pigtail) is
attached to a small sheetmetal bracket. There's also a hose that looks like a
vent hose for the transmission attached to this bracket. The part I can't
figure out is where the bracket is supposed to be attached. Right now, it's
just swinging loose. That can't be right.

I've been scouring the engine block and the firewall in that area, as best as
I can see from below and above, and I can't find anywhere or anything to
attach this thing to.