RE: Selling The Dakota

From: Pindell, Tim P (TPindell@otterbein.edu)
Date: Wed Oct 24 2007 - 08:46:03 EDT

> The newer ones don't get as good fuel mileage due to
> emissions, etc. But, where else can you tow a Ram SRT-10 500
> miles, average 16.2 mpg, gross weight 15,000 lbs, going up a
> big mtn pass (Grapevine Pass) still in overdrive, and still
> have 1/4 tank of fuel when you get home?? I've seen 20 empty
> at 70 mph, and I have 4.10 gears. Where else can you get
> 170+ more hp in 5 minutes and not even open the hood??
>
> Ed "Olznut" Halterman Canyon Country, Ca, '06 Ram Quad Cab
> Patriot Blue 2500 Cummins diesel 14.3 at 103 mph! '66 Olds
> 442, "Project Olds", Intense Blue, $4000 paint job will be
> painted by July (I hope)

That's amazing. One of my co-workers has a '06 2500 with the CTD. On
weekends, he often pulls a 5th wheel horse trailer or a boat. He
previously had a 1500 with the 360 Magnum for the same jobs. He reports
the same general fuel economy with his CTD. If I were a responsible
adult and thinking with the proper part of my anatomy, I would have
bought one of those rather than the SRT-10. The CTD is so incredibly
easy to drive with all of the torque right when and where you need it.
With the money I spent, I could have bought either of them. However, I
don't think it would have been a great fit due to my short commute, and
I doubt I would have been able to fit a diesel in my garage. The
standard-cab, short-bed SRT-10 >barely< fits. What can I say? I'm a
sucker for big inch engines, manual transmissions, and shiny red things.