RE: leaking front diff

From: Bernd D. Ratsch (bernd@dodgetrucks.org)
Date: Tue Oct 30 2007 - 16:06:46 EDT

Looks like a leaking axle seal.

- Bernd

-----Original Message-----
From: Bill Pitz [mailto:bill@pitz.net]
Sent: Tuesday, October 30, 2007 2:37 PM
To: dakota-truck-moderator@bent.twistedbits.net
Subject: DML: leaking front diff

Thought I posted this last night, but evidently it didn't go through ...

I changed the oil on my Dak last night and noticed that there is some
fluid leaking out of the front diff. It appears to be coming from the
area where the axle (driver side) is attached to the diff. Photo
explains it best:

http://www.billpitz.com/leak.jpg

Any thoughts or ideas? First thing I'm going to do is get it all
cleaned up so I can verify that there is still fluid leaking and get an
idea of how much we're talking about. Time to take off those damned
skid plates again...

Thanks,

-Bill