Re: No backup lights (me too!)

From: Don Rey (radon220@gmail.com)
Date: Thu Nov 08 2007 - 14:37:35 EST

Heyyy while we're on the subject

I just replaced the switch on the tranny myself... the lights worked
again for a week. I hooked up a trailer and suddenly my reverse lights
stopped working again. They don't work with the trailer disconnected
anymore either.

Can a bad trailer harness (either on the truck or on the trailer) kill
the tranny switch or is it just coincidence that it happened when I
hooked up a trailer?

You may remember I had a signal/brake light issue earlier, but that
was unrelated to the trailer harness (it was a badly rusted light
socket) and I've since fixed it.

Don (stealing threads) in CT
89 Dak Vert 318 NV3500
74 Dart Sport 340